Sunday, March 31, 2013

April Beautiful World Tour


Why hello, there and welcome to your last destination on the hop, this month - Vancouver, Canada where spring is off to an incredible start!  The sun has been shining this past week and it's been very warm...almost tee-shirt weather!

 Wow, I truly cannot believe that it's already April!  I hope you had an amazing Easter weekend spent with loved ones.

Anyway...
If you have arrived from Anne-Elise's Blog, then you are in the right place.  If not, please head over to the Flourishes Blog to start from the beginning.

One lucky winner is chosen from the comments each month to WIN their choice of Flourishes stamp set.  All you need to do is follow the hop and leave comments along the way.  You do not need to comment on every stop, however, the more you comment on, the bigger your chance of winning!

This month, Anne-Elise has given us a Childhood Theme to play along with...

Here is my take:
Although, I had so many ideas for this theme, I just HAD to go with my initial idea.  My first thought when I heard about the theme was to use the fun sprinkler image from Flourishes' Sweet Days of Summer stamp set.  Every time I look at that beautiful silhouette, it just takes me back to my childhood as it reminds me of playing in the sprinklers with my two older brothers when I was 5 or 6 years old.

I chose the colours aqua and golden yellow because I really wanted to evoke that feeling of summer warmth, blue skies, water, and a bright shining sun!

Overall, the card is pretty straight forward but, I did some selective inking on the sentiment which came from Flourishes' Hydrangea stamp set.  I did this mainly so that I could fit it on a fishtail flag but, I also wanted to highlight the word "sunshine" by stamping it with yellow ink.  I also added some rhinestones for flair and went over the main image with glossy accents for some shine and a "wet" look.

I took some inspiration from Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday #88 pictured below:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your last stop here in sunny Vancouver.  
Now head on back to the Flourishes  Blog!

Happy Stamping!


26 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)

Absolutely wonderful! The colour combination is so cool, must remember that!

scrappymo!

Great card Naomi! Love the colours and the image is so vintage in feeling. I remember running through the sprinkler too and remember how free that felt!

Anonymous

I love the image, and the colour combination you've used is great.
Thanks, Penny

@JoyceCasaldi

Very pretty! And love the sketch.,

Aleksandra

Gorgeous card Naomi! I love the color combination and the image and sentiment you've used are so lovely. And I LOVE those gemstones around the image...gorgeous! You did a great job with the sketch :).

Have a nice and peaceful Easter Holidays! Blessings to you and your family. Hugs,
Aleksandra

Bridget

Your colour combo is one of my very favourites, Naomi, it really is a beautifully summery combination - the silhouette just "sings" happy, joyful childhood!

Karen W

This is really pretty, I love the colors on this also.

Kathy Jones

Fabulous Summery card Naomi - love the colours you chose and fantastic job with the sketch!!! Love all the detailing you've added and love the story!!! :)

KimCreate

Wonderful card! Yes, a sprinkler in the summertime is a great childhood memory and your card depicts it beautifully.

Judy Inukai

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Mojca

waw such pretty colours and papers and the image is just lovely. hugs! Mojca

Tricia T

What a sweet card! It makes me long for the warm days of summer. I can almost hear the cicadas buzzing in the background!!

Tricia

Sasha

I love the summery feel to your gorgeous card, Naomi. Your colour combo is beautiful and I love those rhinestones around your circle. Such a lovely way to stamp your sentiment, too x

Cards By Betty

Your card tells of the many many children who played in the water as you did it is such a refreshing card

PapierGirl

What a beautiful card - love the summery colors! :)

Meredith MacRitchie

SO so pretty, Naomi!! I love the colours together, they're so striking and gorgeous. And the sentiment is perfect!!

Sue D

Very fun childhood memory card--love the colors.

Helen

Yes, playing under the sprinkler should be a rite of passage for every child. Your lovely card will bring back happy memories for many.

lisa808

Perfect colors for a fun summery card.

Kris B

Very pretty card! Love how you stamped the image in yellow! Stunning!! TFS God bless!!

Linda

Absolutely sweet card portraying the innocence of childhood.

Ravengirl

Beautiful card! I, too, used to play in the sprinkler with my sister and it was loads of fun!

Anne-Elise

Beautiful card, Naomi! Love the pretty die cut with the rhinestones and the lovely papers! Love the image and the sentiment too! Fab work! Hugs

TLady

SUPERB CREATION!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I JUST used this same image on a card I made today & posted on Flourishes blog...! It's SUCH A SUPER CUTE IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that you've used a different & QUITE FITTING sentiment with this too!!!!!!WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

scrappymo!

GREAT colour combination. Your took me back to watching my kids and now my grandkids run through the sprinkler! It is definitely a rite of passage for childhood...teehee
Wonderful card...great take on that sketch.

Denimo

Oh what a fabulous card!! LOVE the color combo you chose. And the design is wonderful too! Great job!